All Members and guests are requested to be aware of the following course care guidelines whilst at Huntingdale Golf Club:
- Always enter the bunker at the lowest point.
- After playing your shot out of the bunker, carefully rake all footprints, divots and holes left in the bunker. Ensure that you rake forward and backward evenly to ensure a smooth surface fill up and smooth over all holes and footprints.
- Ensure that all footprints all the way to exit point are smoothed behind you and if required, rake other affected areas.
- Do not rake the face of the bunker. Smooth out with the back of rake.
- Place the rake back in the centre of the bunker in the direction of play.
- Please do not leave the rakes outside of bunkers.
Repairing Ball Marks
- Always look for and repair your pitch mark when your first walk on to the green. Even if it was a small pitch shot, you may have left a mark.
- Repair pitch mark with a pitch repairer, starting at the back of the mark and pushing forward.
- Use repairer around all sides and slowly ease turf toward the centre of the mark. Do not lift the soil upwards.
- Lightly tap down with putter over the pitch mark, and ensure an even surface results.
- Players are requested to take differing paths around the green to help spread the wear around the greens while ensuring they cause no damage to the green with their bag/buggy.
- Players should ensure that they do not hit the cup of the hole when removing or replacing the flagstick, and place the stick back in the centre of the cup.
- Players should always lower the flagstick on the putting surface in their hand, or by club and should never drop the flagstick.
- Members and Guests must carry and use a sand bucket, and always repair divots on the fairway and the rough.
- After playing a shot, ensure the divot is filled with sand and smoothed.